Saturday, December 02, 2006

Pacific NW books

I'm making a list, checking it twice, for books which are set in Oregon, Washington, or British Columbia. Here's what I have so far:

Sherman Alexie, Ten Little Indians, Reservation Blues, Indian Killer, etc
Michael Byers, The Coast of Good Intentions, Long for this World
Raymond Carver (many of the stories)
Randy Sue Coburn, Owl Island
Charles D'Ambrosio, Dead Fish Museum, The Point,
Molly Gloss, The Jump-Off Creek
David Guterson, Snow Falling on Cedars
Ken Kesey, Sometimes a Great Notion, One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest
Jim Lynch, The Highest Tide
Betty MacDonald, The Egg and I
Gina Ochsner, (stories)
Pete Rock, The Bewildered

What have I missed? I know there are more...

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 5:51 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Nothing came to mind, but here's a bunch supposedly set in Portland:

http://www.multcolib.org/books/lists/portlandsetting.html

I assume that's Portland, Oregon, but it might be Maine.

 
At 11:24 AM, Blogger Linera Lucas said...

Thanks!

 
At 11:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, there's a new writer I've been following named Alex Mindt. He has a book coming out this spring called Male of the Species. I believe he's from Seattle. He recently won the Pushcart Prize, and a lot of his stories are set in Washington and Oregon.

 
At 4:34 PM, Blogger ShariMacD said...

David James Duncan: The Brothers K. And isn't The River Why also in Oregon?

Great list!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home