Saturday, December 30, 2006

time to think about those summer workshops

Yup. It's time to think about those summer workshops, especially the ones which offer scholarships.

Tin House runs July 8-15 right here in Portland, so I don't have to fly anywhere, and I can sleep in my own bed and wake up to my own coffee. Ah! Heaven!

I went last year and studied with Jim Shepard, who was a superb teacher.

The faculty lineup for fiction is:
Dorothy Allison
Steve Almond
Charles Baxter
Aimee Bender
Charlie D'Ambrosio
Yiyun Li
Whitney Otto
Pete Rock
Jim Shepard
Karen Shepard
Colson Whitehead.

Poetry is Thomas Sayres Ellis, Marie Howe, D.A. Powell.
Memoir is Steve Elliott & Abbby Thomas.


Down on the right hand side of this blog there is a sidebar, with listings for the Pacific NW workshops, and lower down for the workshops elsewhere. Let me know about other workshops, and I'll link them up.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At 12:09 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Are you going to go to Tin House again, Linera?

 
At 6:27 PM, Blogger Jilly said...

happy new year Linera :)

 
At 7:50 AM, Blogger TitaniaWrites said...

Hi Linera,
I would love to go to the Tin House workshop! Have never been to Oregon, not being from the US... I applied already, we'll see what happens.
Lovely blog, by the way. That Ogden Nash poem is fabulous.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home