Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Twisted Sisters Socks

I have fallen in with the infamous Twisted Sisters, a knitting gang headquartered in Multnomah Village at Northwest Wools, an innocent-looking yarn emporium. I will be taking a class from one of the most twisted of the sisters, one Jan Prewitt by name. I met her when I innocently but earnestly asked for the local equivalent of Elizabeth Zimmerman and Maggie Righetti. A middle-aged woman whipped around, and announced, "You need to study with me." Ah. Joy is mine. Or will be mine in April, when class starts. Stay tuned for more on this nefarious and utterly compelling tribe.

I'm making socks in Noro handpainted yarn, using the ruffled cast-on from this book. (Oh, yes, I'm also writing & revising. It is good for a writer to have a hobby. Nice to make something tangible.)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home