Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Slings and Arrows

I've watched this series about four times. I am not a TV fan. This is not regular TV. Slings and Arrows is a Canadian series written around a Shakespeare festival, clearly based on the Stratford in Ontario, and it has has some of the best writing, and the best acting, I've seen yet.

The first season is built around a production of Hamlet, the second around Macbeth, and the third and final season is King Lear. The stories are backstage, and onstage, with consistent characters and intertwining plot lines that keep me coming back for more.

And the lead actor is Paul Gross, who is quite, quite, well, amazingly decorative. But I'm not interested in his other roles, just the one here. Oh, and it is very funny, in places.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home