Tuesday, November 25, 2008

The Hunting of the Snark

'Just the place for a Snark!' the Bellman cried,
As he landed his crew with care;
Supporting each man on the top of the tide
By a finger entwined in his hair.

'Just the place for a Snark! I have said it twice
That alone should encourage the crew.
Just the place for a Snark! I have said it thrice:
What I tell you three times is true.'

-Lewis Carroll



This seems particularly apt for our current financial crisis, what with the banks using their (our) bailout money to buy other banks, the CEOs of Big Car flying their separate private jets to DC, and the general air of terror and confusion and hysteria. Yes, I know that we must not let these huge corporations die, or we will all end up in tiny, cold flames, but I hope there is something left by January 20th.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home