Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Peter Donnelly 1939-2009

Peter Donnelly died on Saturday, March 28th. Back in the 1970s, Peter was my mentor. He was then the Producing Director of the Seattle Repertory Theatre, and I was the Associate Artistic Director of The Conservatory Theatre company. The Seattle Rep was the big daddy and my theatre was the new, mewling child in the hectic Seattle theatre scene. Peter was always there to take a phone call from me, to give me the very best, hard, tough advice. I wish now that I had made the time to see him, but I didn't even know he was ill. I remember his laugh, and his keen intelligence, and his shrewd knowledge of human behaviour.

from the Seattle Times obituary:

"A celebration of Mr. Donnelly's life will be at 6 p.m. April 20 at Seattle Repertory Theatre's Bagley Wright Theatre, 155 Mercer St.Mr. Donnelly is survived by his partner, David Farrar, of Seattle; and his sisters Donna Down, of Winchester, Mass., and Patricia Fabucci, of Lynn, Mass."

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home