Monday, April 18, 2011

Golf books for women

Yes, the rumors are true. I have taken up golf, or more accurately, golf has taken me over. Who knew it would be that enjoyable to smack a little white ball with a metal stick? So, of course, I've been reading up on golf. Here are the golfing for women books I like. I buy all that I can, whenever I am in a bookstore. That's right, I just march up and purchase every single golfing for women book I find. So now I have all three of them. Clearly, a need exists for more.

Golf Girl's Little Tartan Book: How to be true to your sex and get the most from the game, by Patricia Hannigan, amusing and useful, well-organized, suggests focus on short game is best strategy for most women, clearly true for me, as I'm not going to be a power hitter in this, or any other sport.



A Girl's On-Course Survival Guide to Golf, by Christina Ricci, spiral bound, designed to fit in the golf bag, and be hauled out when confronted with particular problem on the links.



The Women's Guide to Golf: A Handbook for Beginners, by Kellie Stenzel, simply the best place to start.



And although by a man, very important bedside reading, Golf Without Tears: stories of golfers and lovers, by P.G. Wodehouse, helps to keep the maddening qualities of golf in perspective.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 2:53 PM, Blogger HandyMetalWorks.com said...

Golf is for men. Nah, just teasin'. Nice blog. Keep up the good work.=)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home